Breath Blog

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

“The big picture is without form.” Lao Tze

This is what I needed to read this morning. I only get my petty concerns, not the bigger picture.

Acceptance is the key. I can accept that I will never have everything figured out, that most things are way beyond my control... But it is more that I have to live my acceptance, than just passively accept. A famous AA speaker says: "You can't think yourself into right living. You can only live yourself into right thinking."

I can change one thing, and one thing only. Myself. And change for me is not about preference, it is about change, making a living difference...

How do I relate this to my breath? My thoughts are that my breath is just giving and without judgement. It doesn't wish me a good or a bad day. It is unconditional in its support...

As I heed it, so I learn...

More blogs about breath blog.