Breath Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wisdom - not something that I can go shopping for


"We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us... "

- Marcel Proust

I can be clever - please myself with my own humour, judgements, preferences and opinions. What I've learned with this - is that I am not always quite as clever I think I am.

The reason - some inherent wisdom (?) tells me - is that my cleverness is the harvest of the past and doesn't let me drink in the wonderful refreshing waters of the present.

Today, I am going to try to "smell the coffee" and not dwell on the slipstream past. Just how wise that will be...only time will tell...

PS: So that I am clear - the slipstream of the past very often means a "half-empty" low-grade depression that I find very hard to shake off...

More blogs about breath blog.