Breath Blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Shallow abdomen breathing best for asthma

Now that my long-running British spring cold is nearly over, I don't why but I'm suffering from shortness of breath in the evenings again...

Last night I went to visit friends in Oxford - a forty minute drive - and en route I did Buteyko control pauses and eased my breathin that way.

But on my way home, I started to get heavy chested again. And then I remememberd that Stalmatski - I'm a slow learner on this score, I have to admit - said the goal of Buteyko breathing is the same as many meditative breathing teachings - slow, conscious breathing into the abdomen. Feeling the very pulse of life on the inhalation, the rising of the abdomen, and the exhalation, the falling.

I sat for half an hour before bed and was breathing calmly and easily...

So happy breathing to you all....today....

More blogs about breath blog.