Breath Blog

Monday, May 01, 2006

Breathing for Beltane

An exciting but mostly forgotten day today. The ancient cross quarter festival of Beltane, heralding the true arrival of summer, with the sun bringing the fertility of the earth to life.

A time to cherish the wonder of our ancestral lines, of their handed-down wisdom, a time to breathe in the intense, magical Beltance energy as I watch our garden start to bloom, a time to rekindle friendships, to share a breath or two with guests and passers by - and to wonder with gratitude at the bounty and beauty of our universe...reflected in the generosity of breath and the pristine presence of an iris pushing into bud, and rose arbors with slick shiny leaves preparing a panoply of blooms to intoxicate my senses.

I am taking a moment to concentrate on breathing in what the universe wants to give me, away from all my filters, preferences, likes and dislikes - the collective rag bag of my personality which I call my own personal flight simulator.

I'm trying to switch it off, and harmonise with the deeper resonance that visits me each breath, the mystery of my inner breath.

More blogs about breath blog.