Breath Blog

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The barometer of my life

I have been fascinated by my breath since 1971 when I received Knowledge from Guru Maharaj Ji...

35 years on, I have been doing the Buteyko breath method for my asthma for over a three year period - and consistently for the past six months.

And what I have finally noticed after these long years as a student of the breath is that my emotional state, stress levels, openness to others, and general state of well being is integrally tied up with my breath...

Shortness of breath indicates stress, uptightness and shutting down, relaxed, easy breathing mirrors the exact opposite states.

So, what I have discovered is that by learning to control my breathing I have started to make inroads into my many neuroses... The better I breathe the more the past and its miasmas become irrelevant. Yet if I let my past subvert the present, I will be shallow breathing and, soon probably, wheezing.

More to follow on the wonderful science and psychology of the breath....

More blogs about breath blog.