Breath Blog

Sunday, May 28, 2006

I'm not holding my breath...


No, I'm not... I've been blogging for two months now...and on a planet with over six billion people - and many million internet users, eight people have viewed my profile...presumably they must have been breathing too...but chose not to post on the blog...

It might seem that I'm getting insecure about this, that my self-esteem is going through the floor - or whatever...

And you might well be right, partly so at least...

But the main purpose of the blog now seems to make contact with fellow breathers in a breathy sort of way...but with no heavy breathing... Just recollections and connections about the magically mysterious process of inhaling and exhaling.

To share any insights, revelations: subjective or objective, mystical or rational, cosmic or scientific, provable or ineffable, sublime or mundane...

On the breath front - for a change I can hear you saying as you read this post (fat chance), it's been good: a partially sunny day with a high pollen count - potentially triggering for both hay fever and asthma... But with a small measure of consciousness about my breath, I had another drug free day...nose breathing in a shallow way into my abdomen - feeling the gentle rise and fall of my diaphragm...

Pure, pure magic, while tending our magical rose and iris garden... We branched out too - buying a gorgeous small-leave, pink-flowered Himalayan shrub for the small desert where once a willow tree stood...



Lots of digging and earth moving, and lots of breathing...lots of gratitude too...for the moving beauty of the Great Spirit in action in our small plot, and then extending out into the farthest galaxy...

More blogs about breath blog.