Breath Blog

Thursday, July 13, 2006

A suprising but very welcome inspiration




"It has been women who have breathed gentleness and care into the hard progress of mankind."

- Queen Elizabeth II

Now, here's a turn up for the books - writing with a sense of inspiration about the queen of my country...

And I accept, totally accept, the wisdom of her remarks. We have forgotten the nurturing mother in a mad paternalistic world...where men hold the reins of power but women sit at the seat of power - the heart... My wonderful wife, Josephine, has helped me more than I can say on my journey through the ruins of my life on to the freeway of the heart...

But I need to go one step further and thank the giver of breath for the kindness and comfort that it inhales and exhales into my life - balancing me on a metronome of grace. Inspiring me to give up my right to be miserable. Helping me reach out with a gratitude that leads to generosity. Removing my cloak of isolation so that I can more enjoy the fellowship of my dearest family and friends...

That's something I've wanted to write for a while now - so thanks, your Maj...

Portrait by Christian Furr

More blogs about breath blog.