Breath Blog

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Uptightness



Cool picture (Tibetan rinpoche meets beat poet and American mystic) and great insight into that harrumphiness that has been an undertow in my life. My uptightness is something I really try to hide from people. But resentment has been a really big guiding light in my life, leading me precisely nowhere... So as with my grumpiness I give up all right to it...as of now!

Trungpa, who gave us the great concepts of "crazy wisdom" and "spiritual materialism". made a tremendous effort to bring western neurosis under the penetrating microscope of Tibetan wisdom.

Here's his take on uptightness - a condition that we all have to own but has a real stink of the "uncool" about it:

"Everything is based on our own uptightness. We could blame the organisation; we could blame the government; we could blame the food; we could blame the highways; we could blame our own motorcars, our own clothes; we could blame an infinite variety of things. But it is we who are not letting go, nor developing enough warmth and sympathy - which makes us problematic.

So we cannot blame anybody!"

More blogs about breath blog.